Sunday, September 24, 2006

EXOTERIC

Most art depends on some kind of distancing strategy that is absent from what I know I like to do or have happen to me. They prefer to comment on experience judgmentally and offer explicit interpretations. Isn't it more emotionally demanding when you don't provide that? And that's the real difference between me: nothing's to be handed on a plate because there's no short-cut around; there's no way to stand above or beyond or outside; you either engage or you run away; you're either part of it, or you pointlessly try to rationalise your rejection, by in effect rejecting your own superficial feelings.

The mystery and the reward lie in the metaphor not the literalism, they lie in that great infinite ocean of possibility and promise, they lie in that place where any thing can and will be done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes!! YES its Truth,

Bacons said such, and he too, was a great artist.;)

Unknown said...

"... they lie in that great infinite ocean of possibility and promise, they lie in that place where any thing can and will be done."

The very person who got me into Whitehouse, my dearest and most beloved friend- said such to me about magick.
Then he taught me how to let go. Then I taught myself.

Then I remembered my own, that had been lost, now found again. In another manner.

Profound.