Saturday, July 12, 2008

AFRO NOISE I : EXCERPT

Finally. Sorry it's taken so long, a lot of work's gone into it and so I hope you'll find it was worth it. Link below for a short 8 minute (or so) excerpt from this weekend's Resonance FM radio broadcast of the first afro noise mix - the full version is 49:40 and being broadcast on Sunday 20th July. Enjoy.

DJ Cut Hands (William Bennett) - Afro Noise I (excerpt) 8:14 - mp3/256kbps
  • DJ Cut Hands (William Bennett) - Afro Noise I (full version) 49:40
  • djembe, doundoun, ksing-ksing, synthesiser, electronics by William Bennett; produced by William Bennett
  • also excerpts from Florian Hecker, Whitehouse, East African witchcraft and Ghanaian funeral field recordings (with thanks to Brian Conniffe for his kind assistance), feline recordings

11 comments:

Thomas Bey William Bailey said...

!!!

Even with my ears clogged with water from the daily swim, this is a pretty compelling blast.

Sounds like some trademark Hecker acidity in the beginning, I'm guessing the rest of this is all your own composition?

John McAndrew said...

Thank you very much for sharing! It's a wonderful taster of things to come, and whilst it sounds great on my computer (speakers permitting) I bet it'll sound even better on the 25th in a club environment.

"feline recordings" sounds intriguing by the way...

Luke McElroy said...

sounds excellent! thanks for posting it William

steve davies said...

Excellent!

Kai said...

There's more electronic noise elements in the mix than I had had expected. Sounds very powerful to these ears, I like it a lot!

Walter Peck said...

This sounds excellent. It's closer to the sound of the last two Whitehouse records than I was expecting (which is no bad thing).

Frustratingly, you've cut it off just as it starts doing something new. :)

I wish I could goto the night in Edinburgh, but I'm busy that evening. Damnit.

graeme said...

thanks for sharing, fantastic sounds and a real tease at the end. will the Resonance mix be avilable for download/stream after it's broadcast as it look's like i'll sadly not be able to listen on sunday now.

Gas said...

The show will be podcast from sunday evening at www.cyrk.org/activecancellation.html

grohs said...

How was it? Any sign of the podcast/download, can wait to hear the full mix. Cheers.

Walter Peck said...

You can find it at the website posted above, or just click here http://www.cyrk.org/PROGRAMME%209%20__%20WILLIAM%20BENNETT%20-%20DJ%20Cut%20Hands%20%20-%20AFRONOISE%201.mp3

I've not had a chance to listen yet.

grohs said...

Superb, cheers. I looked all over the site but (being a muppet) didn't check the mp3 section as I saw nothing linekd from the William Bennett page. Grabbing now.